Thursday, June 12, 2014

Other Projects




New Energy Policy
-- A presentation of my recommendations based on my experience in managing a large National Electric Power Utility, and in Energy Management Consulting
-- A presentation of an "off-grid energy system", or sometimes called, "decentralized energy system"







My Old Site and Advocacy Entry Page

This page and most of the pages linked to it preceded this blog. I built these pages using html with my NOTEPAD. 

Fun fun fun ! ! !









This is my old Heavy Rain Forecasting site.  My last forecast was July 10, 2000.

I am quoting my old introductory note:

Year in and year out, the Philippines is visited by heavy rains, which wreak havoc and devastation on its economy.  The sad aspect is that these rains come EVEN without the presence of typhoons.

Although we do not have radar instrumentation to guide us, the internet abounds in weather data for us to go by.  All our data will be solely and exclusively sourced from relevant internet sites.  These will include satellite images, ocean surface temperatures, wind direction, and personal estimates.  We will limit our postings to heavy rain estimates, which may cause flooding at specified areas.  We will also provide the approximate time the effect would be felt, and the estimated time duration.

For sure, our data cannot be as accurate as those derived from radar instrumentation and the like, but we know that we will be within that proverbial "ball park".